Table of Contents
Many people usually think that healthy food means tasteless boring dishes.
Well, that’s not even a choice when we think about rice or risotto recipe.
There’s no news rice is a versatile ingredient: I can’t think of many staples it doesn’t pair well with. The truth is that you can combine it with anything. Fish or seafood, beef or pork meat, sweet or bitter vegetables, soft or spicy sauces. You name it, rice matches it.
But today, we are going to be talking about a specific rice variety: Arborio rice.
If you want to learn some extra information about it, you can check https://riceselect.com/product/arborio. You are going to find important data about this exquisite and healthy type of rice. You will see!
What is Arborio rice?
It is a short-grain rice variety used primarily to make risotto. It was named after the Italian area where it was first cultivated. Currently, it is also grown in the United States and it is very easy to buy it at any market and even online.
This type of rice is fat, short and oval-shaped with a pearly white exterior.
Arborio rice retains most of its natural starch content because it undergoes less milling than ordinary long-grain rice varieties.
How to cook it
Although many rice varieties need to be rinsed before cooking them, Arborio rice is the exception. Unless you are looking for a recipe made out of fluffy and looser rice, Arborio rice shouldn’t be rinsed, since this process will remove the starchy coating that makes the rice be creamy when cooked.
Let’s learn an exquisite risotto recipe
As Arborio rice is mainly used to make risotto, today you are going to learn how to make this delicious dish out of just a couple of ingredients. This three-cheese risotto is going to make your mouth melt!
- 2 teaspoons of butter.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 1 small onion.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 1 cup of Arborio rice.
- 2 cups of white wine.
- 3 cups of chicken broth.
- ⅓ cup of fresh Parmesan cheese.
- 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese.
- 2 tablespoons of Mascarpone cheese.
- A pinch of black pepper.
- To begin with, add the butter and the olive oil to a pan together with the onion and the garlic. Cook everything for about 10 minutes.
- Then, add the Arborio rice and cook it for about 3 minutes. This step will give the rice a unique toasted flavor.
- After that, add the white wine and cook it until all the liquid is reduced. Stir in the warm chicken broth little by little. Keep adding the broth until the rice is cooked al dente. It will take you about 15 minutes.
- Finally, remove the pan from the heat and add the 3 cheese varieties. Season with black pepper to taste. Let it sit for about 3 minutes and serve it warm.
- You can add some walnuts for the garnishing. If you toast them with some olive oil and a pinch of salt, they will give this dish a distinctive touch! Plus they will add a crispy consistency that, together with the creamy texture of the rice, it is going to make you feel you are on top of the world!
- If you are a vegetarian, you can always replace the chicken broth for vegetable broth.
You knew risotto was a soft and creamy dish, but don’t you think this recipe takes it to another level?
With three different cheese varieties, this dish has a unique texture!
Some people say risotto is a recipe that requires full attention, and it may be true, since you have to be focused during the time you are cooking. But it is going to be for just 20 minutes! And it’s completely worth it.
Honestly, I think there are no excuses. This is an exquisite dish that, no matter who tries it, always pleases everybody.
You can have it with a nice glass of your favorite wine on a special night to pamper your soulmate. Or why not cook it just for you on a Sunday midday to relax and give yourself a treat?
Anyway, I think once you try this risotto recipe, it is going to blow your mind. Simple ingredients, 20 minutes and a delicious dish. Is there anything better you can expect from a recipe?