Table of Contents
Rice is one of those meals that has been prepared for centuries. It is a part of more than half the world’s population diet, and you can find it in many dishes in many cultures. Here we share the perfect Arroz Con Leche recipe.
Its prolonged and extensive use is a consequence of its nutritional value and how easy it is to prepare, making it a reliable option when trying to cook something delicious rapidly. Just like this Rice pudding recipe.
Arroz con Leche, as it is also known, is one recipe that usually reminds people of their childhood and going to Abuela’s house. This traditional dish often associated with Hispanic culture and gastronomy is a popular dessert that can be enjoyed in many ways, bringing sweetness, nostalgia, and a lot of benefits to your diet.
Benefits of eating rice
Nowadays more people are trying to keep a balanced diet including natural ingredients, rice is the perfect example for this case. The benefits of consuming rice are vast.
Rice provides carbohydrates, which are the body’s main source of energy; it is also a great source of vitamins, mostly from the B complex, and it provides omega 3. All of this, while also being a meal free of fat and cholesterol.
Because of this, it will give you all the energy you need for the day. Helping you maintain an ideal weight and providing you with enough nutrients for you to be able to perform perfectly in any physical activity you may want to participate in.
Different variations of Arroz con Leche recipe
Arroz con Leche is a dish with a long cultural background. It is a recipe that has crossed many cultures. From Asian to European and then Hispanic cultures, it became a popular and signature dish in its gastronomy in a short time. And at present it is an Abuelita (granny) signature dessert.
Thanks to this trespassing, there are also many variants of Arroz con Leche. In Spain, it’s traditionally prepared with cinnamon and lime, or even orange, to give it aroma and flavor. In other regions, they use different grain sizes or scented rice.
Moreover, there are other cultures where different ingredients are added, like nuts, butter, apples, or other fruits and raisins.
Here you have an easy and quick rice pudding recipe, for more go to mahatmarice.com/recipes/arroz-con-leche/
- 1 cup of rice.
- 4 cups of milk.
- ½ cup of sugar.
- 2 cinnamon sticks.
- Lime peel.
- Powder cinnamon (optional).
- 4-5 teaspoons of brown sugar.
- First, put the milk with sugar, cinnamon sticks, and lime peel to medium heat, until the milk boils. This process helps the milk acquire flavor.
- While the milk boils, you can wash the rice in a drainer under running water in the sink and stir it for a couple of minutes. This will remove the starch from the rice, making it harder for it to stick together.
- When the milk boils, add the rice, and lower the heat. Let it cook for 40-45 minutes. Stir it occasionally (every 5 minutes approx.)
- At the end of this process, it is necessary that you check how much milk is left, so you can eat it however you like, be it more liquid or thick.
- Try the rice, if you like the texture turn off the heat and let it sit for a few minutes.
- It’s done and ready to eat! You can garnish it with powdered cinnamon, or you can put some sugar on it and flambé it for a more gourmet look.
- As the result depends on your preference for its texture, if you want your rice pudding to be thicker, you can add ½ cup of extra milk from the beginning.
- This dish can be enjoyed in many ways, right from the pot, warm or cold. If you want it to cool, you should let it sit for a while and then put it in the freezer for a couple of hours before consuming it.
- If you prepare this recipe and want to save it for later, though it seems hard not to eat it all, it can be stored in your fridge for 2-3 days.
- Also, for variations of this recipe, you can change the lime for orange peel, or add any liquor you may like. From chocolate bits to any fruit you want to taste it with, this recipe lets you add as many ingredients as you would like to, and create your own version of it.