Table of Contents
Did you know that over 50 million adult Americans (roughly 20 percent of the population) suffer from chronic pain?
If you suffer from chronic pain, then you may be taking over the counter pain relievers to deal with your symptoms. However, like many people, you may be unaware that these OTC pain relievers come with some pretty scary side effects.
Possible side effects include dizziness, drowsiness, depression, and a weakened immune system, just to name a few.
Luckily, you can swap the harmful pain killers for natural healing techniques.
Check out this guide to learn how to heal your body naturally.
1. Try Acupuncture
Acupuncture is a form of ancient Chinese medicine, and it’s one of the best things you can do to heal your body naturally. For those who don’t know, acupuncture involves inserting hundreds of tiny needles into the body.
While acupuncture is most commonly used to treat pain, it has a host of other benefits. The benefits of acupuncture include:
- Relieving tension headaches and migraines
- Relieving osteoarthritis symptoms
- Relieving menstrual cramps
- Relieving symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Relieving insomnia
- Helping with morning sickness
In order to reap all of the benefits of acupuncture, you need to make sure you choose an acupuncturist who is board certified. A board-certified and licensed acupuncturist will have completed a three to four-years master’s degree that included hundreds of hours of supervised, hands-on clinical training.
2. Change Your Diet
The way we eat plays a huge role in how fast and how well our bodies heal. If you want your body to heal naturally, you need to be feeding it the right foods.
Generally speaking, this means you should be eating a diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, healthy fats, and whole grains. Here are some specific foods that can help heal your body:
- Leafy Greens: Leafy greens (ie, kale, spinach, swiss chard, arugula) are dense in vitamin C, magnesium, folate, and other nutrients that decrease inflammation
- Eggs: Eggs are an easy way to incorporate more protein into your diet, something most diets are significantly lacking
- Salmon: Salmon is packed with B vitamins, protein, selenium, zinc, and iron
- Berries: Berries are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, which helps stimulate collagen production
- Nuts and Seeds: Walnuts, pecans, almonds, and hemp seeds provide excellent plant-based fuel to your body
- Cruciferous Vegetables: These include broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussel sprouts
- Shellfish: Shellfish, such as mussels, oysters, and clam, are loaded with nutrients that promote recovery
- Sweet Potatoes: These are high in healthy carbs and anti-inflammatory compounds
As you can see, there are a lot of delicious, healthy foods that you can incorporate into your diet.
3. Practice Yoga
Yoga has been used for thousands of years for those seeking spiritual enlightenment and natural healing. There are many different types of yoga out there, and which one you choose to do will depend on the type of healing you’re looking for.
For example, yin yoga is a good option if you’re looking to heal arthritis pain. In this type of yoga, you focus on matching your breath with the sequence of poses. If you’re looking to heal your body as well as improve your strength, balance, and flexibility, then hatha yoga might be a good option for you.
Whichever type of yoga you choose to engage in, we recommend practicing with a certified yoga instructor.
Exercising is also a great way to heal your body naturally.
Of course, you’ll want to be careful about the type of exercises you engage in, as some forms of exercise can exacerbate the healing process. You should speak to your doctor about what exercises are safe for you.
Once you’ve been cleared to exercise, you can look forward to the following benefits:
- Weight loss
- Improved mood
- Increased happiness
- Increased energy levels
- Improved sleep quality
- Improved skin health
- Reduced risk of developing chronic diseases
- Improved brain health and memory
As you can see, exercising isn’t just about looking good. Exercise can take both your physical and mental health to a whole new level.
5. Take Nutritional Supplements
Nutritional supplements can also help your body heal naturally. Of course, not all nutritional supplements are created equally. Here are some tips for choosing nutritional supplements:
- Choose multivitamins based on your sex
- Research the manufacturer before buying
- Keep track of what you eat so you can figure out what vitamins you’re lacking
- Choose supplements based on your age
It’s also a good idea to check with your doctor to see what supplements are right for you.
6. Try Reiki Healing
Like yoga and acupuncture, reiki is another ancient practice that can help heal your body and mind. During a reiki session, a reiki practitioner will transfer energy through their palms to their patient in order to promote emotional and physical healing.
Reiki is mostly known for promoting relaxation and stress reduction as well as bodily healing. Reiki has also been used to help treat:
- Chronic pain
- Fatigue syndromes
- Chrohn’s disease
- Neurodegenerative disorders
- Heart disease
Many people report that after reiki, they feel refreshed and clear-headed.
How to Heal Your Body Naturally: Are You Ready to Heal?
Now that you know how to heal your body naturally, it’s time to put these tips into action. Before you know it, your body will be healed and you’ll be back to your old self.
If you’re looking for more health-related tips and tricks, be sure to check back in with our blog.