Did you know that there are more than 7,000 types of medicinal plants in India? Many of these are used to treat common ailments such as anxiety, depression, and chronic pain. A renowned plant is Ashwagandha and it’s famous for promoting natural healing and reducing anxiety.
But how much do you know about Ashwagandha? And if you want to experience its positive effects, when to take Ashwagandha? This article takes a closer look at this medicinal herb, so keep reading to find out more!
1. What Is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha is a popular medicinal herb used in Ayurveda medicine. This type of alternative healing option has been used for more than 3,000 years throughout India and its surrounding territories. It is known that Ashwagandha has a scent similar to that of a horse and it can give you horse-like strength if taken on a regular basis.
2. What Are The Benefits Of Ashwagandha?
There are many potential benefits to Ashwagandha, especially if it is consumed regularly. Some of the benefits include:
- It might reduce blood sugar levels – this medicinal herb might be able to increase insulin sensitivity and make the pancreas secrete more insulin to balance blood sugar levels
- It might prevent cancer – animal studies show that Ashwagandha contains a substance that induces cancer cell death. Although it’s not absolutely sure that it has anti-cancer properties for humans as well, there is a very high likelihood for this to be true
- It might reduce depression symptoms – a study performed on more than 60 individuals showed that Ashwagandha can reduce the symptoms of depression as well as decrease stress
- It might raise testosterone levels in men – Ashwagandha can also be used to boost the sperm count and sperm quality in men of all ages. It can improve fertility and rejuvenate the reproductive system
3. Can Ashwagandha Reduce Anxiety In Adult Individuals?
Studies show that reducing anxiety levels is another benefit of Ashwagandha. a 6-week research study showed that more than 80% of adults experienced a reduction in anxiety levels as a result of taking Ashwagandha on a regular basis. This medicinal herb can reduce anxiety by blocking certain brain pathways that are responsible for excessive stress and worry.
4. When To Take Ashwagandha?
Specialists recommend that you take Ashwagandha as pills once or twice a day. You can buy kratom pills or find Ashwagandha pills at most health food stores and supplement shops. However, it’s necessary to continue supplementing with Ashwagandha for at least 60 days, otherwise, these benefits might not be significant. You can take Ashwagandha pills at any moment of the day, ideally with food for better absorption.
Now You Know More About Ashwagandha And Its Properties!
Hopefully, this article answered an important question -when to take Ashwagandha? – and you now know more about its properties and benefits. Remember to talk with your doctor before starting supplementation with Ashwagandha, so that this medicinal herb doesn’t interfere with other medication you might be taking.
Also, don’t hesitate to check out the other articles on our blog to learn more about Ayurveda medicine, beneficial supplements, and how to live a healthier life!